Must be able to travel to/from Manhattan and the surrounding areas.
Travel: Up to 70%
The Professional Services team has openings for client facing R Programmers to assist clients with their analytics needs: building analytics based solutions using Revolution Analytics’ products, embedding analytics into existing products, and scaling clients’ analytics needs.
The R Programmer is responsible for the technical requirements, design, and delivery of simple to large-scale analytics solutions.
The ideal candidate is an experienced R Programmer who enjoys a very dynamic work experience with bleeding edge high performance analytics technologies. Must thrive in the Start Up mindset where charting new territory is the norm. Problem solving, learning in the field, translating technical concepts for the business user, and leadership are critical to this position.
The role has following core functions:
- Support onsite client project delivery
- Design and development of technical architecture, requirements, statistical model and takes accountability of technical validity of the customer solution including installation and integration
- Pre-sales support of Sales and Sales Engineering teams to promote and position Revolution Analytics solutions as well as contribute to customer proposals
- Drive field developed innovation and IP back into R&D and works highly collaboratively with Technical Support, Sales, and Training teams
- Assist with RFI/RFP technical responses.
- Support R User Groups as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required with emphasis in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or Econometrics; Master’s and Ph.D. preferred
- Strong Programming Experience with R
- Experience working in Windows and Linux environments
- Must have developer level skills in SQL scripting and coding and familiarity with relational databases
- Working knowledge of multivariate regression, time series models, cluster analysis, logistic regression, factor analysis and neural network models
- Strong facilitation and communication skills
- Ability to travel as required
- Experience with SAS/SPSS/Matlab
- Programming knowledge and experience with Hadoop/Map Reduce, and Java or .NET
- Experience and familiarity with business intelligence and data warehouse design including ETL processes and tools
- Experience working with clusters/grids preferred (e.g., Hadoop, Microsoft HPC Server, and/or Linux cluster job schedulers)
- Experience working with Data Warehouse tools such as Teradata and IBM Pure Data for Analytics/Netezza
- Ideal candidate will have consulting experience